Apple touted as most valuable billion dollar brand in the United States
Apple is currently the most valuable billion dollar brand in the United States, this according to a recent report published by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
According to the chart above, which was compiled by Brand Finance, Apple's brand today is worth $104.6 billion. That's well ahead of both Google and Microsoft who occupy the next two slots with brand values of $68.6 and $62.7 billion respectively.
Brand Finance, a brand-valuation consulting agency, chose members of the "Billion Dollar Brands" club by estimating the royalty rate that would be charged for use of the brand and factoring in future revenue. It ranked the top 500 companies in the U.S.
On a state by state basis, both California and New York house more top brands than any other state.
You can check out the full listing of the top 500 most valuable billion dollar brands over here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync