This Apple portable desktop prototype would make you the ultimate hipster at Starbucks
MacBooks are great and all, but this 1980s prototype for a portable computer definitely challenges today's portable Macs for overall cool factor. Less a laptop and more of a desktop-on-the-go, the prototype is housed at Frog Design in San Francisco.
You'll never get your hands on it, but just imagine dropping by your local coffee shop while carrying this sexy machine at your side. Slap it down on a table, prop up the before-its-time flat panel display, and watch as the stares come fast and furious. I can't imagine typing on the strange, angular keyboard, but it certainly fits the machine's retro-futuristic vibe.
Of course, you'd probably need to hunt down an open power outlet before long, as I can't imagine something so unflinchingly 80s would have gotten very good battery life.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature