Can we just stop with the lame iPhone and OS X concepts already?
There's a bad tendency for websites to label any and all Apple related concepts as "epic" or "unbelievably cool." And sure, concepts for future devices can be damn interesting, but things lately have really gotten out of hand.
Recently, there seems to be an abundance of unimaginative iPhone and OS X concepts that offer nothing compelling. For instance, I recently stumbled across these iPhone 6 concepts inspired by the design of the iPod Nano.
Does anyone really think the concept device on the left is anything to write home about?
Aren't iPhone concepts supposed to be intriguing? This is just flat-out ugly.
Equally uninspiring are the slew of concepts showcasing OS X with an iOS 7 style design.
Is this really a step forward in design?
And here's what a redesign of OS X's Mail app would look like, inspired of course by iOS 7. To me, this looks entirely too much like Windows. Going for a universal "flat" aesthetic is a direction I certainly hope Apple avoids or, at the very least, applies judiciously.
An iOS 7 inspired Finder is no better. It's drowning in grey!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app