Mac 101: Use Quick Look to create an instant slideshow from your photos
Did you know that OS X has a handy feature for easily previewing a bunch photos in a slideshow format? It's a basic slideshow with no option to add music, but it is perfect if you want to quickly show a handful of your photos to your friends or family.
- To use Quick Look to create a slideshow, you must first open Finder and select the photos you want to add to a slideshow.
- Press the space bar on your keyboard to open all the photos in Quick Look with the first image displayed in the window.
- Use the arrows in the Quick Look window or use your keyboard's left and right arrow keys to navigate between the photos.
- Switch between an index view of the photos and a slideshow view by clicking the button to the right of the arrows, or pressing Command (⌘)-Return.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options