Apple Q2 investor call and other news for April 1, 2014
Sourcing news on April 1 sure is fun, let me tell you. But just to prove that I'm not a total curmudgeon, let me congratulate Think Geek on winning April Fool's Day. As usual. Rosetta Stone for Klingon? Qapla'! Meanwhile...
- Apple has announced that its Q2 2014 financial conference call will take place on April 23rd at 2:00 PM Pacific. Listen to the live stream for a certain analyst to ask about an Apple television. Perhaps in Klingon.
- A study of how customers use their tablet devices show that iPad customers tend to browse the Internet, read email and play games, while Kindle users tend to read books (surprise!) and participate in social media. Galaxy users reported nearly identical usage habits as iPad owners, with slightly more using their devices to listen to music.
- Rdio's iOS app now supports Google's Chromecast.
- The UN will use iBeacon technology to simulate the dangers of mine fields at New York City's New Museum. It should be an amazing exhibit with a compelling use of iBeacon tech.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync