TUAW Bookshelf: iPad and iPhone Kung Fu
Apple expert Keir Thomas, who brought us Mac Kung Fu a few years ago, has just launched a follow up volume: iPad and iPhone Kung Fu (US$12 ebook, US$19 print). With over 300 tips and tricks, there's a lot of useful knowledge in the book for any new iOS device owner.
Like its predecessor, this book reads best when browsed. It's not a sit down and move from the first to the last page in order kind of read. Instead, just open to a random spot and prepare to be inspired.
For me personally, I found the Mac version more valuable (simply because there are so many more tricks and tweaks possible in the relatively open desktop environment compared to the closed iOS system). However, leaving my personal background aside, I think this will be a valuable read for anyone relatively new to iOS or who wants to learn more about power-using their system.
There are plenty of gems to be found. For example, I didn't know you could delete comments on shared Photo Streams using tap-and-hold on the comment or that I could check the battery charge on my iPhone using the cloud.
iPad and iPhone Kung Fu will make a great gift for any tech Mom or Dad. Or just pick up a copy to enjoy in those spare minutes in your own life. I enjoyed browsing through the book and I think you will too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration