YouTube Find: Line-waiting and cheering at the original iPad launch in NYC
Four years ago this week, Apple started selling its first iPad model.The iPad was announced on January 27, 2010, by Steve Jobs during an Apple press event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. Pre-orders began in March, and the tablet went on sale starting April 3, 2010.
I was able to secure an iPad without waiting in line, but many people braved the elements to get their hands on an iPad on launch day. Here is one first-person video from Apple's iconic Fifth Avenue store -- the best part is the near non-stop cheering once the store opened.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service