YouTube Find: Line-waiting and cheering at the original iPad launch in NYC
Four years ago this week, Apple started selling its first iPad model.The iPad was announced on January 27, 2010, by Steve Jobs during an Apple press event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. Pre-orders began in March, and the tablet went on sale starting April 3, 2010.
I was able to secure an iPad without waiting in line, but many people braved the elements to get their hands on an iPad on launch day. Here is one first-person video from Apple's iconic Fifth Avenue store -- the best part is the near non-stop cheering once the store opened.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app