YouTube Find: Line-waiting and cheering at the original iPad launch in NYC
Four years ago this week, Apple started selling its first iPad model.The iPad was announced on January 27, 2010, by Steve Jobs during an Apple press event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. Pre-orders began in March, and the tablet went on sale starting April 3, 2010.
I was able to secure an iPad without waiting in line, but many people braved the elements to get their hands on an iPad on launch day. Here is one first-person video from Apple's iconic Fifth Avenue store -- the best part is the near non-stop cheering once the store opened.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature