iPhone 101: How to easily dismiss banner notifications in iOS 7
Apple's notification system in iOS is wonderful for letting you know when you've received a new email or text message, but the banners can be annoying when they appear at the top of a screen and overlay buttons or other important content while you are in another app.
Most people wait for the banner to disappear before resuming their business, but you can quickly dismiss the alerts by tapping on the banner as shown above and swiping it up and off the screen. You temporarily activate notification center with this gesture, but it is worth it to get rid of those pesky alerts.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)