"Stunning" maps show that mobile Twitter usage in big cities primarily comes from iPhones
Patently Apple shared the above map this week that shows Twitter usage in New York and New Jersey broken down by smartphone device. The photo above clearly shows that the iPhone is the smartphone of choice in Manhattan, though there remains a small stronghold of financial types in Midtown who apparently remain beholden to Blackberry. Newark, meanwhile, is extremely Android-centric.
In a follow-up post, Patently Apple provided even more maps highlighting the same data across a number of other cities, from San Francisco to Chicago, and Boston to London. All in all, it seems that the iPhone unquestionably reigns supreme in large cities, at least as it pertains to mobile Twitter usage. Make sure to head over to Patently Apple for the complete list of mapped cities, including a map of the entire United States.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter