Facebook to force mobile users to Messenger app and other news from April 9, 2014
News from Wednesday afternoon includes:
- Facebook has announced via emailed notifications in Europe that it will soon drop messaging in its main app. Users must download the separate Facebook Messenger app to keep the conversations going on iOS and Android.
- Apple has seeded a sixth version of OS X 10.9.3 to developers.
- NBC's iOS app has gained AirPlay support.
And catch up with these features:
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter