Facebook to force mobile users to Messenger app and other news from April 9, 2014
News from Wednesday afternoon includes:
- Facebook has announced via emailed notifications in Europe that it will soon drop messaging in its main app. Users must download the separate Facebook Messenger app to keep the conversations going on iOS and Android.
- Apple has seeded a sixth version of OS X 10.9.3 to developers.
- NBC's iOS app has gained AirPlay support.
And catch up with these features:
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options