Apple opts out of patent acquisitions and other news for April 11, 2014
Here's your Apple news for Friday, April 11. Enjoy the weekend, folks.
Apple opts out of a recent patent acquisition by Intellectual Ventures. Both Apple and Intel have opted not to participate in the latest buy. Formerly, Apple joined Intel, Microsoft and Sony to form Intellectual Ventures. Apple steps away now as intellectual property investments and so-called patent trolls are being looked upon poorly.
Apple has released an official statement regarding Heartbleed. The company told re/code that "Apple takes security very seriously. IOS and OS X never incorporated the vulnerable software and key Web-based services were not affected." So there you go.
Reader 2 for Mac public beta is now available. Those of you who have been waiting for this, now is your chance to get in on the beta. Just remember, it is a beta.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync