Weekend App: Follow the final rounds of The Masters Golf Tournament using these iOS apps
Instead of sitting in front of the TV to watch The Masters, bring it along with you on your iPad or iPhone while you hit the links this weekend. The tournament closes on Sunday, so don't miss those critical last holes just because you are out and about.
If you want 24/7 golf-only coverage, then you should check out the official Masters Golf Tournament apps from Augusta National itself. There is both an iPhone and an iPad version, with the iPhone app providing live radio and select live video coverage and the iPad app offering a live simulcast from CBS. There's also a live leaderboard with up-to-the-minute scores and video highlights of the greatest golf moments in the tourney.
Sports fans who want to fill the void left by March Madness with coverage from the Masters should turn to the CBS Sports app. CBS is providing weekend coverage of the tournament with the latest update to the CBS Sports app adding support for a Masters leaderboard and notifications that'll keep you apprised of the action as it happens this weekend.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter