Fincher passes on Steve Jobs film and other news from April 14, 2014
- Famed director David Fincher has passed on the chance to direct the Steve Jobs biopic based on Walter Issacson's book. Fincher had wanted $10 million upfront, and Sony balked, saying the fee was "ridiculous." Who should replace Fincher? Check out TUAW's ideas for the role later today.
- Wolff Olins CEO Karl Heiselman has resigned to join Apple in an undesignated marketing communications role. This is a return to Apple for Heiselman, who had worked as a design contractor for the company in the early 1990s.
- Microsoft is adding Passbook support to its next version of the Windows Phone OS.
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos has updated its app for iOS 7, which comes just a few days after Dropbox released its Carousel.
And catch up with these features:
- The best Nintendo DS emulator on iOS doesn't require a jailbreak
- The HTC One M8 is an Android phone made for iPhone lovers
- Why 9:41 AM is always the time displayed on iPhones and iPads
- Billboard claims iTunes Radio isn't the hit Apple was hoping for
- iPhone 101: What model of iPhone do I have?
- Rumor Roundup: Fourth-power stupid
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration