Fincher passes on Steve Jobs film and other news from April 14, 2014
- Famed director David Fincher has passed on the chance to direct the Steve Jobs biopic based on Walter Issacson's book. Fincher had wanted $10 million upfront, and Sony balked, saying the fee was "ridiculous." Who should replace Fincher? Check out TUAW's ideas for the role later today.
- Wolff Olins CEO Karl Heiselman has resigned to join Apple in an undesignated marketing communications role. This is a return to Apple for Heiselman, who had worked as a design contractor for the company in the early 1990s.
- Microsoft is adding Passbook support to its next version of the Windows Phone OS.
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos has updated its app for iOS 7, which comes just a few days after Dropbox released its Carousel.
And catch up with these features:
- The best Nintendo DS emulator on iOS doesn't require a jailbreak
- The HTC One M8 is an Android phone made for iPhone lovers
- Why 9:41 AM is always the time displayed on iPhones and iPads
- Billboard claims iTunes Radio isn't the hit Apple was hoping for
- iPhone 101: What model of iPhone do I have?
- Rumor Roundup: Fourth-power stupid
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync