iPhone 101: Improve the App Store search experience with this easy trick
Searching through apps in the App Store on your iPhone can be a rabbit hole -- you search for a term and then scroll endlessly through the results to find just the right app that you need. When you want to return to the beginning of your search results, most people just scroll backwards, tediously swiping multiple times to return where they started.
There is an easier way to hop back to the beginning of your search with just one tap. When you have scrolled through a few dozen apps in the search results, you can just tap on the search icon in the bottom bar and jump back to the beginning of your search list.
If you have gone a step further by looking at individual apps and browsed through their related apps list, the same search icon tap will bring you back to the original app that you were viewing. In the example shown above, you can view GameChanger in the search results, tap on it to view its details and its related apps, and then tap on the related app iScore to view its details. To get back to GameChanger in the search results, you can tap the 'Search" icon at the bottom to jump all the way back in one step. Tap the search icon again, and you will return to the beginning of the search results.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync