iSpotlight is a news app for following the rich and famous
iSpotlight (free) lets you follow your favorite athletes, bands, or celebrities by feeding you web-sourced news and even the Twitter feeds of the rich and famous.
Once you have selected some celebs to follow, you can opt for news, Twitter feeds and/or videos. You can share the latest gossip with friends or your social media pages. iSpotlite also includes links so you can the music of your favorite artists on iTunes or buy tickets to concerts and athletic events. A stats page provides in-depth athlete information.
I tried some musicians and the app worked well for that situation. I also added baseball pitching phenom Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners. For Hernandez, iSpotlight provided a mixture of news, videos, season stats and an option to buy tickets to Mariners Games.
Overall the app worked well, but a couple of times it became slow and then unresponsive. Also, the list of celebrities is limited to those that the app knows about. If you are looking for obscure musicians or minor celebrities, you may be disappointed. Of course, I guess if they are obscure they are not celebrities... iSpotlight has an feature where you can suggest people to be added to the celebrity list.
iSpotlight require iOS 6.1 or later. It's not a universal app, and it is optimized for the iPhone 5.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync