A&E, Lifetime, and the History Channel added to Apple TV
The rollout of additional channels to Apple TV continues. Earlier today, A&E, Lifetime, and the History Channel were all added to the Apple TV lineup, bringing a wide expanse of new viewing options to Apple TV users.
TV lovers will undoubtedly be thrilled with the update. Note that of the top 10 rated cable shows in 2013, two are A&E productions (Duck Dynasty and Longmire) and two are History Channel programs (The Bible and Vikings).
Over the past few months, Apple has been aggressively fleshing out its Apple TV offerings. This past February saw the addition of the WWE network while the last 12 months alone saw the following channels hit Apple TV: ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV, Disney Junior, Major League Soccer, Vevo, the Weather Channel, a Smithsonian channel, a Sky News channel, HBO Go, WatchESPN and more.
Hardware wise, the Apple TV was last given a major refresh during the spring of 2012. Naturally, this has sparked rumors that some new hardware is in the pipeline.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV