TUAW One to One: Author Michael David Anderson
TUAW One to One is a monthly podcast where I take a variety of people, sit them in front of a mic and have a conversation. It won't always be about Apple, but it will often deal with the intersection of liberal arts and technology.
You've probably never heard of Michael David Anderson, but that's because his newest novel, Teddy, hasn't been published yet. He's using Pubslush to crowdfund the first print, although you can also order a digital version. I spoke to Michael about the creative process he uses, what it's been like using Pubslush, and how he's marketing his work himself.
Believe it or not, Anderson isn't even a Mac guy! In the interest of speaking to a wide variety of guests here on TUAW One to One, I wanted to talk to Michael about writing, and focus less on the tools he uses. As it turns out, Teddy started as a NaNoWriMo exercise, then grew from there. He also avoids cloud services, so he's not a Live365 guy, either. Listen in to hear what a young author just getting started has to do to get noticed in the crowded book space of today.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)