Apple Q2 2014 earnings results
The results are in: Apple just announced its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2014 (ending March 31, 2014) and here are the highlights.
Apple posted quarterly revenue of $45.6 billion and quarterly net profit of $10.2 billion. That works out to an EPS of $11.62 per diluted share. Last year's results for the same quarter were $43.6 billion with net profit of $9.5 billion, or $10.09 per diluted share.
Gross margin for the quarter was 39.3 percent, up from 37.5 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales were responsible for 66 percent of the quarter's revenue.
Apple CEO Tim Cook was quoted as saying "We're very proud of our quarterly results, especially our strong iPhone sales and record revenue from services. We're eagerly looking forward to introducing more new products and services that only Apple could bring to market."
Be sure to join us at 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT for our liveblog of the Apple Q2 2014 earnings call. Photo from Getty Images
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync