Apple tops JD Power smartphone satisfaction and other news for April 24, 2014
Former Apple engineer Francisco Tolmasky has shared some very interesting stories about the development of mobile Safari and other software features of the new iPhone. Including Steve Jobs' insistence that it be "like magic." Meanwhile, Apple's stock split and customer satisfaction wrap up today's news roundup.
- Surprise! Apple has topped another JD Power satisfaction rating. This time, its US smartphone owners who voted the Cutpertino company as their favorite. The survey examined performance, physical design, features, and ease of use.
- A former Apple engineer shares his story of creating mobile Safari. It's a very interesting look behind the curtain during the development of the first iPhone. For example, the software keyboard resulted from "a kind of hackathon run by Jobs," during which everyone on the software team was to work on keyboards only for one week.
- iMore has taken a look at Apple's recent stock split. Take a look if you've got questions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app