Tidbits you might have missed from Apple's earnings call
While the big focus of Apple's Q2 earnings call was the stock split and dividend increase, a number of other interesting tidbits were announced during the call. A few of them, culled from our liveblog of the call, include:
- More than 20 million Apple TVs have been sold, netting a business that's worth more than $1 billion. It's no longer considered a hobby.
- Apple made $19 billion in revenue for the first half of 2014 in China. 85% of those who bought the iPhone 4S were first-time iPhone buyers.
- Apple has acquired 24 companies recently.
- Tim Cook feels that Microsoft should had released Office for the iPad earlier. A delay allowed competitors to muscle in on the market.
- Apple is no longer just an "American" company. Two-thirds of the company's revenues during the quarter came from countries other than the US.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app