Better battery life for your iPhone under iOS 7.1.1 and other news from April 24, 2014
Have you updated your iPhone to iOS 7.1.1 yet? If you're concerned about your battery life, go ahead and hit the update button. ZDNet noticed that the newest update is bringing a drastic increase in battery life, based on internal usage. Have you noticed a difference? Let us know in the comments.
Other news from Thursday afternoon includes:
- Want to take a look inside one of Apple's data centers? Check out this video from NBC's Today show.
- It took a few months, but as 9to5Mac notes, shipping times on the Mac Pro are finally starting to improve, with just a 3 to 5 week wait now.
- Facebook has added the Moves app to its growing family. TUAW has taken several looks at Moves, including its usage of the iPhone 5s' M7 motion data. As with other acquisitions, Moves will remain available as a standalone app.
- The latest updates to the eBay app take on some Pinterest influences, as Engadget notes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync