Apple updates MacBook Air models with processor bump, $100 price drop
Apple today refreshed its MacBook Air line, adding slightly faster processors and improved battery life to the portable computers. Apple also dropped the price on each model by US$100, with the base 11-inch MacBook Air starting at $899.
All base models of the MacBook Air now ship with a 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor instead of the 1.3GHz of the 2013 model. These standard models still include 4GB of RAM, Intel HD Graphics 5000 and either 128GB oo 256GB of flash-based storage.
Pricing on the 11-inch MacBook Air starts at $899, while the 13-inch entry-level model costs $999. All updated models are available today online and in retail stores.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service