Here are all the places you go running and biking with your iPhone
Strava is one of the most popular exercise apps on the iPhone, so after years of users recording their own running and biking habits, the company has a whole lot of data on its hands. Using nearly 20 million recorded exercise routes from its software across iOS, Garmin GPS devices, and Android, the company has created a gorgeous heat map of the world, showing exactly where people love to burn calories with their smartphones in their pockets.
The map can be broken down into running and biking routes, with various color and opacity options, but its probably most valuable when used as a tool to find great exercise spots in your area. You can zoom in all the way to street level, which is invaluable if you're just not sure where to go with with your bike or running shoes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service