My iPhone smells like bacon, thanks to Oscar Mayer
Back in March, Oscar Mayer launched a promotion for their bacon products and targeted it at iPhone owners. By signing up on the company's "Wake Up & Smell The Bacon" site you were entered for a chance to claim a limited edition, Oscar Mayer-branded bacon scent diffuser for your iPhone. I signed up, I got one, and here it is.
It just arrived in a small package yesterday, and I have to say the entire production is pretty professional. The diffuser itself comes in a padded box along with the bacon scented liquid and charger, along with some documentation from "The Oscar Mayer Institute For the Advancement of Bacon." The device plugs into the audio jack of the iPhone and is used with the official Wake Up & Smell The Bacon app.
After filling the device with a few drops of bacon scent, I set the alarm for my normal wake-up time and hit the pillow. At 6:30AM I was awoken by a sizzling sound from the app and a sizable puff of bacon fragrance which dominated the room and led my wife to ask me what the hell was going on. "It's my bacon phone," I said in a pre-coffee haze, and hit the snooze.
It's a neat trick, and the gadget definitely produces a reasonable approximation of fried pig strips, but aside from today, I'm not sure if I'll use it again. Waking up to the smell of bacon is more of a cruel trick than anything else, and since I was still too lazy to actually cook some up, the craving remains unfulfilled. If you scored a bacon alarm, I'd love to hear your impressions!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync