Snapchat adds text chat, video calling and other news for May 1, 2014
It's Thirsty Thursday, so let's look at the news.
Snapchat has updated it's self-destructive service to include text chat and video chat. You can swipe to initiate a text chat with another user, and its history is wiped when your done. Similarly, video chats are just as temporary, and can be one-way or two.
Virgin Atlantic Airline has begun testing out iBeacons at London's Heathrow airport. The tech could allow a passenger's iPhone to pull up a boarding pass as she approaches security, or offer promotions like currency exchange.
Microsoft has updated the OneNote apps for the iPhone and OS X. The new versions will let users create new notes and sections with their iPhones. Meanwhile, the Mac versions lets you save a document as a PDF and supports drag-and-drop for images.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync