App Store's monthly "Best of" feature and more news for May 2, 2014
Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday. Here's your Apple news for the first Friday of May, 2014.
Apple has curated a new section of the App Store, highlighting the best of what April had to offer. It's a nice idea, especially since the ever-growing store makes discovery so difficult. Here's hoping Apple keeps this up.
Samsung is going to hold a "health-related" event just five days before Apple's WWDC. A teaser published by Engaget reads, "A new conversation around health is about to begin." To quote master Yoda: "Begun these fitness gadget wars have."
iTunes Match has expanded to Japan. The service costs ¥3,980 per year over there, or about US$39 as of this writing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)