App Store's monthly "Best of" feature and more news for May 2, 2014
Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday. Here's your Apple news for the first Friday of May, 2014.
Apple has curated a new section of the App Store, highlighting the best of what April had to offer. It's a nice idea, especially since the ever-growing store makes discovery so difficult. Here's hoping Apple keeps this up.
Samsung is going to hold a "health-related" event just five days before Apple's WWDC. A teaser published by Engaget reads, "A new conversation around health is about to begin." To quote master Yoda: "Begun these fitness gadget wars have."
iTunes Match has expanded to Japan. The service costs ¥3,980 per year over there, or about US$39 as of this writing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs