Tumblr introduces in-app themes and more news for May 6, 2014
Good news for Tumblr bloggers this morning, plus an in-store iPhone event from Apple to make your day complete with the top news stories.
Tumblr has rolled out in-app theme switching, and it's accessible from the company's iOS app. Tumblr's creative director Peter Vidani called the move "...a continuation of something we believed in from the start," in that people could have a personal home on the web easily.
Apple is reportedly readying an in-store iPhone promotion. According to 9to5 Mac, the plan is meant to drive sales by leveraging the company's iPhone buyback program. I agree with MacObserver: a promo like this doesn't indicate a response to lagging sales, as some would suggest. Retail businesses have promos all the time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options