Tumblr introduces in-app themes and more news for May 6, 2014
Good news for Tumblr bloggers this morning, plus an in-store iPhone event from Apple to make your day complete with the top news stories.
Tumblr has rolled out in-app theme switching, and it's accessible from the company's iOS app. Tumblr's creative director Peter Vidani called the move "...a continuation of something we believed in from the start," in that people could have a personal home on the web easily.
Apple is reportedly readying an in-store iPhone promotion. According to 9to5 Mac, the plan is meant to drive sales by leveraging the company's iPhone buyback program. I agree with MacObserver: a promo like this doesn't indicate a response to lagging sales, as some would suggest. Retail businesses have promos all the time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features