Evernote, LinkedIn team up and other news for May 7, 2014
Remember business cards? Remember feeling badly about tossing them into the hotel trash can after the conference? There's a fix in this morning's news, plus two new Apple Stores and Swatch gets cranky (but not too cranky) with Apple.
- Evernote and LinkedIn want to digitize those business cards you always lose anyway. The way it works is quite simple: tap the "business card" button in Evernote's iOS app and snap a photo. That's it. The app then scours LinkedIn for you until it finds a match. Now you can toss that thing into the trash without the guilt.
- Head's up, Atlanta. You're getting a new Apple Store. The Cumberland Mall, northeast of city proper, will be the latest store's new home.
- In other Apple retail news, it looks like the company will have a presence in the forthcoming World Trade Center mall in NYC. The project is drawing huge names in retail, like Apple, Disney, LEGO, Swarovski, Moleskin, Bose and more.
- Swatch isn't happy about Apple acquiring a trademark for "iWatch," but it won't pursue legal action, either. While the long-time watch manufacturer is opposing Apple at both trademark and copyright offices, a spokesperson told ZDNet that the opposition is "...not a legal action treated at a law court."
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter