TUAW TV Live: iBeacon, uBeacon, we all Beacon
We're back for another fun-filled episode of TUAW TV Live. This week's topic -- for at least a minute or so -- is iBeacon technology. Earlier today TUAW ran a post about WikiBeacon.org, a site that has just popped up recently with the locations of all recently-found iBeacons. Co-host Shawn "Doc Rock" Boyd and I will spend some time talking about the technology, some recent Twitter chatter about the current shortcomings of iBeacon, and possible uses. After that, we'll go back to our usual senseless banter about everything else in the universe.
My co-host Shawn "Doc Rock" Boyd and I will be taking to the airwaves and chat room at our regular time. Be sure to take part in the chat, and also see if you can answer our weekly trivia question and win a prize! And guess what? Today you don't have to go to a new page to watch the live stream or take part in the chat room. Our recent redesign made the width of the column just a wee bit wider, so we can fit all of our tools into the regular post. So to watch the show and take part in the chat, just scroll down a bit, log into the chat room, and be sure to press "play" to see what's happening.
Contact the podcast
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter