Apple potential acquisition of Beats Electronics and other news for May 9, 2014
In this morning's Apple news, Nokia's photography lead has moved over to Apple and a little bit of music news. Stop me if you've heard this one.
The Internet exploded today with news of Apple's potential acquisition of Beats Music. Note that this is not a formally-announced deal as of this writing. The Financial Times broke the story, claiming that Apple is set to pay US$3.2 billion for the young music company. That would be Apple's largest acquisition yet, and give it a huge leg up in competing with the likes of Spotify.
Apple has hired Nokia's Ari Partinen. Former photography lead at Nokia's Lumia division has announced his move to Apple via Twitter. Partinen oversaw the cameras in the N8 and the 41-megapixel 808 PureView.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app