Apple potential acquisition of Beats Electronics and other news for May 9, 2014
In this morning's Apple news, Nokia's photography lead has moved over to Apple and a little bit of music news. Stop me if you've heard this one.
The Internet exploded today with news of Apple's potential acquisition of Beats Music. Note that this is not a formally-announced deal as of this writing. The Financial Times broke the story, claiming that Apple is set to pay US$3.2 billion for the young music company. That would be Apple's largest acquisition yet, and give it a huge leg up in competing with the likes of Spotify.
Apple has hired Nokia's Ari Partinen. Former photography lead at Nokia's Lumia division has announced his move to Apple via Twitter. Partinen oversaw the cameras in the N8 and the 41-megapixel 808 PureView.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)