Flappy Bird coming back in August with new multi-player support
Dong Nguyen made headlines earlier this year when his iOS app Flappy Bird, a rather basic yet exceedingly addicting game, shot to the top of Apple's App Store charts. As the spotlight began to shine brighter on Nguyen, not to mention all of the money he was raking in, he decided to remove the game from the App Store this past February.
While speculation surrounding the app's removal spanned the gauntlet, Nguyen has always maintained that he removed the app because he felt uncomfortable with the fame and spotlight the game heaped upon him rather suddenly.
Fans who never got a chance to download Flappy Bird can rest easy, though. CNBC's Kelly Evans tweeted out earlier today that Flappy Bird is making a comeback. Not only will it reappear in the App Store this August, but it's coming back as a multi-player game. Nguyen also explained during a CNBC interview that the new version of Flappy Bird will be less addictive.
Not the best way to hype up an upcoming app, but then again, it's not as if Flappy Bird was ever lacking hype and attention.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration