Nintendo nails GBA4iOS with takedown notice
GBA4iOS, the massively popular GameBoy Advance emulator for iPhone and iPad, has been taken offline due to a DMCA request demanding that the hosting site be taken offline. At the moment, the app is no longer available for download from the official site and there's no word on whether it will ever live again.
This isn't exactly surprising, given the app's ability to replicate functionality of Nintendo's hardware. For emulation fans, this type of thing isn't new, but it's still a bummer to see such a quality app meet an untimely fate.
NDS4iOS, a Nintendo DS emulator with similar functionality, remains available at the time of this writing, though that might not be the case for much longer. Nintendo recently mentioned its intention to explore launching its own apps for "smart devices," so weeding out the emulation crowd may be the first step towards that end.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature