9/11 Memorial Museum Audio Guide app released
On May 21, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum will open to the public. On that day, visitors to the museum will be able to use their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to take official self-guided audio tours of the facility through the free 9/11 Museum Audio Guide app
Three audio tours are available. The first, narrated by actor Robert De Niro, is called "Witnessing History" and provides visitors with insight into the museum from the perspective of people who were witnesses to the terrorist attacks, whether first responders, members of victims families, recovery workers or others. A second tour, "Building History" highlights the architecture and design of the original World Trade Center and the museum, as well as providing insight into the archaeological remnants of the iconic twin towers. Finally, "Discovering History" is aimed at children from 8 to 11 years of age.
"Witnessing History" is available in a variety of other languages, including Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish, as well as in American Sign Language. The other tours are available only in English, and the app supports Apple VoiceOver to ease navigation by the visually impaired.
The museum released another app last year -- the 9/11 Memorial Guide allows visitors to the Memorial locate sponsored cobblestones on the Memorial plaza, search for names on the Memorial, and listen to remembrances of those lost as a result of the attacks.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service