9/11 Memorial Museum Audio Guide app released
On May 21, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum will open to the public. On that day, visitors to the museum will be able to use their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to take official self-guided audio tours of the facility through the free 9/11 Museum Audio Guide app
Three audio tours are available. The first, narrated by actor Robert De Niro, is called "Witnessing History" and provides visitors with insight into the museum from the perspective of people who were witnesses to the terrorist attacks, whether first responders, members of victims families, recovery workers or others. A second tour, "Building History" highlights the architecture and design of the original World Trade Center and the museum, as well as providing insight into the archaeological remnants of the iconic twin towers. Finally, "Discovering History" is aimed at children from 8 to 11 years of age.
"Witnessing History" is available in a variety of other languages, including Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish, as well as in American Sign Language. The other tours are available only in English, and the app supports Apple VoiceOver to ease navigation by the visually impaired.
The museum released another app last year -- the 9/11 Memorial Guide allows visitors to the Memorial locate sponsored cobblestones on the Memorial plaza, search for names on the Memorial, and listen to remembrances of those lost as a result of the attacks.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync