Another Apple Store for NYC and more news for May 19, 2014
The sun rises on yet another Monday and like a phoenix from the ashes, a new week is born. Here's a bit of news to get you going. NYC gets yet another Apple Store (Apple Store Cape Cod. Make it happen, Apple) and Apple gets sued. Stop me if any of this sounds familiar.
- NYC will get yet another Apple Store, according to city building permits issued last week. The permits, dated last week, bear the names of Apple's typical architect and structural engineer. IFO Apple Store confirmed the Upper East Side construction project on May 6.
- Android user sues Apple over "iMessage Purgatory." Some former iPhone owners who switch to Android are finding that their text messages aren't making the transition. Instead, the missives are trapped in an iMessage purgatory and unattainable. Adrienne Moore claims that Apple has "interfered" with cell contracts by hindering her text messages.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs