How to get Backblaze backups for free, forever
Many of the crew here at TUAW are fans of online backup company Backblaze, which offers unlimited space for backups for just a piddling US$5 monthly charge. But as we always tend to find out, even that small amount is too much for some folks and they'd much rather lose all of their data than shell out the cost of a Starbucks Venti Latte in Boston once a month. Backblaze now has a way for you to get all of that online backup love for free for as long as you'd like -- a refer-a-friend program.
The program is quite simple: when you sign into Backblaze, you have a link to send to friends from the "Get Free Months" page. That friend gets a free month of Backblaze service right off the bat. If your friend decides to sign up for Backblaze, then you get a free month of service.
If you have a lot of friends and you can get 'em all to sign up for Backblaze, then you could theoretically end up with online backup service forever. It's a great way to make sure all of you are keeping your data safe, and saving a friend from losing his or her data is worth a lot of karma points.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter