Apple and the environment plus other news for May 22, 2014
Good afternoon, readers! Today Pixelmator has released a very nice update, Apple addresses the "iMessage Purgatory" issue and Lisa Jackson, Apple's VP of environmental initiatives, talks about her role at the company.
- Apple's environmental initiatives VP and former head of the EPA, Lisa Jackson, addressed her company's environmental efforts at Fortune's recent Brainstorm Green conference. Jackson discussed her recruiting by Tim Cook, her role at Apple and the company's environmental initiative.
- Apple has fixed the server-side iMessage issue that some former customers are experiencing, and promises that a forthcoming software update is coming. An Apple spokesperson recently told Ina Fried, "We recently fixed a server-side iMessage bug which was causing an issue for some users, and we have an additional bug fix in a future software update." Those still experiencing problems are encouraged to contact AppleCare.
- In software news, Pixelmator 3.2 is out with full 16-bit channel support and new Repair tool with three different settings: Quick, for small fixes, plus Standard and Advanced for big changes. Pixelmator 3.2 requires Mac OS X Mavericks.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service