8 GB iPhone 5c sells in India for 33,500 rupees
Last March, Apple released an 8 GB iPhone 5c in China, Australia and select other European markets as an "... affordable option for markets where LTE is becoming more established." Today, the company has made the same unit available in India for 33,500 rupees, or approximately US$572 as of this writing. To kickstart the iPhone's introduction, customers will receive a free case for a limited time.
During Apple's Q2 2014 financial conference call, CEO Tim Cook noted that iPhone sales in India had more than doubled. This should allow even more customers in that market to experience the Apple ecosystem.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter