8 GB iPhone 5c sells in India for 33,500 rupees
Last March, Apple released an 8 GB iPhone 5c in China, Australia and select other European markets as an "... affordable option for markets where LTE is becoming more established." Today, the company has made the same unit available in India for 33,500 rupees, or approximately US$572 as of this writing. To kickstart the iPhone's introduction, customers will receive a free case for a limited time.
During Apple's Q2 2014 financial conference call, CEO Tim Cook noted that iPhone sales in India had more than doubled. This should allow even more customers in that market to experience the Apple ecosystem.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options