8 GB iPhone 5c sells in India for 33,500 rupees
Last March, Apple released an 8 GB iPhone 5c in China, Australia and select other European markets as an "... affordable option for markets where LTE is becoming more established." Today, the company has made the same unit available in India for 33,500 rupees, or approximately US$572 as of this writing. To kickstart the iPhone's introduction, customers will receive a free case for a limited time.
During Apple's Q2 2014 financial conference call, CEO Tim Cook noted that iPhone sales in India had more than doubled. This should allow even more customers in that market to experience the Apple ecosystem.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration