Dr. Dre as the voice of Siri
In its largest corporate acquisition to date, Apple has acquired Beats Electronics for US$3 billion. As part of the deal, Beats co-founders Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine will join Apple as full time employees.
While discussing the deal with Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg at yesterday's Code Conference, Apple exec and all-around wheeler and dealer Eddy Cue said that the Beats acquisition will enhance Apple's creative with interesting opportunities.
Which got me thinking; what would iOS look like if Siri's personality was replaced by Dr. Dre's rap persona? So without further ado, here's a glimpse as to what that that would look like, with all of Dre's answers taking the form of lyrics from some of his more popular songs (song attributions will appear below each pairing). The lyrics in the photo above are taken from "Nuthin' But a G Thang" and "Forgot about Dre", respectively.
"Deep Cover" and "Nuthin' But a G Thang"
"Forgot about Dre" and "California Love"
"Express Yourself" and "Nuthin' But a G Thang"
"Lyrical" and "Keep Their Heads Ringin'"
"Let Me Ride" and "Been There, Done That"
Feel free to drop in any "Dr. Dre as Siri" suggestions in the comments!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options