Grab your caxirola and celebrate the FIFA World Cup with Logitech's Global Fan Collection
There's only about a month to go until the start of the FIFA World Cup in Brazil, and Logitech is getting fans all over the globe ready by creating a new series of wireless mice called the Logitech Global Fan Collection.
The mouse is the Wireless Mouse M317 (US$29.99), which uses Logitech's proprietary Unifying receiver. What makes each mouse special is the bright casing that surrounds it -- the company has created 13 different graphics to celebrate countries that are playing in the World Cup. The mice available to consumers is based on location; for Americans, you can get a mouse for the USA, Mexico, Argentina, and host country Brazil.
Your mouse uses a replaceable AA battery for power, and from my previous experience with Logitech's wireless optical mice, they're able to keep up accurate pointing and clicking for months on that single battery.
In case you're wondering what a caxirola is, well, it's the official noisemaker of the FIFA World Cup 2014. Much more pleasant on the ears than those obnoxious vuvuzelas of past World Cup events. And with that, we're going to give two TUAW readers a chance to win one of the Global Fan Collection mice! Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before June 2, 2014 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected in a random drawing. One will receive a USA Wireless Mouse m317 while the other will get the Mexican version. Both mice are valued at $29.99 each.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature