Apple's stock at 52 week high following Beats announcement and impending WWDC
With Apple's purchase of Beats audio finally getting confirmed and anticipation about what will be announced at the company's WWDC event next week, Apple stock closed at a 52 week high on Thursday. Shares in Apple (AAPL) closed at $635.38, but the stock reached heights of $636.87 throughout the day.
Although Apple is not expected to announce the upcoming iPhone 6 during next week's World Wide Developer's Conference, that doesn't lower the overall anticipation for new products. According to a recent report from UBS analysts Steven Milunovich and Peter Christiansen, a majority of iPhone users are currently using old phones or have an upgrade available. More than 50% of iPhone owners are still using a 4 or 4S, leaving a large chunk of the market as potentially ripe for picking up a next-generation iPhone when it becomes available.
What impact do you think Monday's keynote will have on Apple's stock price? Let us know in the comments, and join us Monday for our WWDC keynote liveblog!
Post updated to correct an editing error; TUAW does not expect the iPhone 6 to be announced at WWDC.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options