Apple adds WWDC channel to Apple TV ahead of keynote
Apple earlier today added a new "events" channel to the Apple TV, thereby enabling users to livestream Apple's WWDC keynote on the big screen. Users hoping to catch the keynote this way will need either a second or third generation Apple TV and must be running version 5.02 of Apple TV system software or later.
If you're without an Apple TV, no need to fret. The keynote can also be viewed on the web and via your iOS device. Web viewing requires Safari 4 or later and OS X 10.6 or later. Mobile viewing requires iOS 4.2 or later.
And as always, you can check out the action and latest surprises from the keynote right here on TUAW with our own splendid Liveblog which will go live at 11:45 AM Eastern Time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app