WWDC 2014: Siri's upcoming update means she's always listening
Siri wasn't a huge part of today's WWDC 2014 keynote, but Craig Federighi did take some time to mention what's in store for Apple's beloved virtual assistant. With the upcoming iOS 8 update, Siri will gain the ability to identify songs via Shazam functionality, purchase content from iTunes via voice commands, and can now dictate in 22 new languages. But the most interesting feature is the ability to wake Siri without actually touching your device at all.
Siri will now be listening at all times and can be activated by simply saying "Hey, Siri." The feature wasn't demoed live, but it seems like a fairly straightforward idea, so we'll have to wait and see how well it works in practice.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter