WWDC 2014: Apple announces iOS 8
- Refined notification center with interactive notifications, including the ability to respond from the app you're in without hopping out.
- Quick access to favorite and recent contacts via double-tapping.
- Bird's-eye tabbed view and the sidebar that will be in OS X Yosemite in Safari on iPad.
- Improved mail gestures for flagging and delete, and swiping away an in-progress message to access the rest of your inbox.
- Improved Spotlight, which adds the extended search that will be on OS X Yosemite.
- Quick Type, predictive typing for iOS.
- The same "Handoff" features that were announced as part of OS X Yosemite.
- Improved Messages that includes better functionality for group messages and the ability to share location. You can also use tap to talk in Messages and view audio and video messages in the thread.
- The addition of the previously announced iCloud Drive.
- It will include the heavily rumored HealthKit
- It will include Family Sharing of Apple IDs
- Photos will be updated with additional in-app editing features.
- Expanded functionality of Siri including hands-free use and Shazam integration
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app