WWDC 2014: Tim Cook highlights developer numbers
This year's WWDC keynote has kicked off and Tim Cook took the opportunity to share some stats on this year's attendees.
There are developers from 69 different countries in the crowd this year, with 70% of attendees being first-timers. Tim also gave a shout-out to the student developers who "worked very hard" to attend the event, noting that the youngest developer at WWDC is just 13 years old.
It's exciting to see so many eager young developers in the crowd. Enjoy the show folks, and stay tuned to TUAW for all-day coverage.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter