WWDC 2014: Tim Cook highlights developer numbers
This year's WWDC keynote has kicked off and Tim Cook took the opportunity to share some stats on this year's attendees.
There are developers from 69 different countries in the crowd this year, with 70% of attendees being first-timers. Tim also gave a shout-out to the student developers who "worked very hard" to attend the event, noting that the youngest developer at WWDC is just 13 years old.
It's exciting to see so many eager young developers in the crowd. Enjoy the show folks, and stay tuned to TUAW for all-day coverage.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options